Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Home Help Search Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Village of Sabray Minah (Read 3870 times)
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Village of Sabray Minah
Jan 7th, 2010, 8:01pm

Dear Forum Members, does any one know where this village is located. I tried to find it on goggle earth but had no luck.

If you cant do anything to help someone.....don't do anything to hurt them.
Email WWW   IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Village of Sabray Minah
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2010, 6:05am

This village was responsible for saving the life of a Navy Seal that was part of operation Redwing. A man by the name of Sarawa found Marcus Luttrell and the village protected him from the Taliban. A very remarkable act of courage and kindness on their part and they gave him Lokhay where the whole village committed to protecting him. These were Pashtuns and they take their committments seriously. You have to respect them for their committment once they make a decision, they will defend it to their death.  We owe these people a deep debt of gratitude for the care, comfort and protection that they extended to Marcus at the risk of their own lives. I would personally thank that village for what they did for one of our survivors of a brutal battle with the Taliban forces. Marcus was the lone survivor of a battle where 4 Navy Seals were pitted against a large force of Taliban fighters. It is a very moving true story. I do not know how to contact that village or if they even get mail?? But Americans owe them a debt for what they did and I honor them for the personal risk and committment they made to save one life. Any help in contacting the village or how to contact them will be greatly appreciated.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Shaakh-
Executive Member

The lion of
resistance, the
legend, lives on

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2010, 10:32am

Dear JH,
Pashtuns are the number one victims of Taliban rages.
I fully understand your feeling and good intentions and respect that.
If you want to help those villagers, their elders and decision makers, just don’t reveal them.
No one is able to protect those people against Taliban at this time, neither the NATO nor the incompetent corrupt Kabul government.
Obviously that is the reason no one has replied to you up to now.

Beradari Barabari
  IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2010, 11:01am

Dear Shaakh,
     Thank you, the Taliban are very aware of what the village did because the village put their life on the line. The Taliban Commander was Ahmad Shah who has since been killed in Pakistan. The village elder confronted the Taliban and the whole village stood against the Taliban and they were in extremem danger doing what they did. I have the greatest respect for those Pashtuns that made a decision and did what they did. I do not know how to possibly thank them for what they did. there is no way to adequately repay any of them for putting their village and their life on the line for one of our seals. They displayed tremendous courage and fortitude and their bravery was beyond words.  
     After reading for the second time the book, the lone survivor, it gives me a deep appreciation for the mountain tribesman...they may live out of touch with the rest of the world but they are skilled mountainmen and men of their word....something rare to find any place anymore. I appreciate so much what they did and hope there is some way I can show my appreciation for what they did and the kindness they showed to one of ours. No one will ever conquer the will of these people and the power weilded by the village elders is beyond the reach of any government. They are their own government and they have my respect. I know about where this took place...in the Hindue Kush (hope the spelling is correct) and mentioned several villages. The book was very interesting and gives a good insight into the villages and how they operate....and why no one will ever conquer Afghanistan, it is such a vast mountainius territory and not even the Taliban control the villages. Without the support of the villages, the Taliban can not operate. The villages are the power.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Shershah
Executive Member

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2010, 11:22am

Quote from Shaakh- on Jan 8th, 2010, 10:32am:

Dear JH,
If you want to help those villagers, their elders and decision makers, just don’t reveal them.
No one is able to protect those people against Taliban at this time, neither the NATO nor the incompetent corrupt Kabul government.

Dear Ghulam Bacha Refugee

Good admition  kiss

IP Logged
Shershah
Executive Member

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2010, 11:25am

Quote from jh on Jan 8th, 2010, 11:01am:
Dear Shaakh,
Thank you, the Taliban are very aware of what the village did because the village put their life on the line. The Taliban Commander was Ahmad Shah who has since been killed in Pakistan. The village elder confronted the Taliban and the whole village stood against the Taliban and they were in extremem danger doing what they did. I have the greatest respect for those Pashtuns that made a decision and did what they did. I do not know how to possibly thank them for what they did. there is no way to adequately repay any of them for putting their village and their life on the line for one of our seals. They displayed tremendous courage and fortitude and their bravery was beyond words.
    After reading for the second time the book, the lone survivor, it gives me a deep appreciation for the mountain tribesman...they may live out of touch with the rest of the world but they are skilled mountainmen and men of their word....something rare to find any place anymore. I appreciate so much what they did and hope there is some way I can show my appreciation for what they did and the kindness they showed to one of ours. No one will ever conquer the will of these people and the power weilded by the village elders is beyond the reach of any government. They are their own government and they have my respect. I know about where this took place...in the Hindue Kush (hope the spelling is correct) and mentioned several villages. The book was very interesting and gives a good insight into the villages and how they operate....and why no one will ever conquer Afghanistan, it is such a vast mountainius territory and not even the Taliban control the villages. Without the support of the villages, the Taliban can not operate. The villages are the power.

another Good Admition  kiss

I believe Sabray Mina is one of the 63 villages of Sabary Yaqubi district of Khost Province---- I am not sure but.  

The best thing you can do for these Pashtun great people is to leave their lands.

You have to read the Pashtuns code of conduct called Pashtoonwali and under this code this soldier was given adequat protection.  

IP Logged
Shaakh-
Executive Member

The lion of
resistance, the
legend, lives on

Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2010, 11:45am

Quote from Shershah on Jan 8th, 2010, 11:22am:
Quote from Shaakh- on Jan 8th, 2010, 10:32am:

Dear JH,

Dear Ghulam Bacha Refugee

Good admition  kiss

shutt up kssAdi terrorist.

Beradari Barabari
  IP Logged
Shershah
Executive Member

Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2010, 11:46am

Another right Admition  

افغانستان | 08.01.2010  
هولبروک: د افغانستان جګړه تر ويټنام لا سخته ده  

Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: امريکايي ډيپلوماټ ريچارد هولبروکد افغانستان او پاکستان د پاره د امريکې د متحده ايالتونو ځانگړي استازي ريچارد هولبروک د افغانستان نظامي دنده تر ويټنام لا سخته او لانجمنه بللې ده...  

د امريکې ځانگړي استازي ريچارد هولبروک دا خبره آلمانۍ ورځپاڼې (سايت) ته کړې او ټکي په ټکي يې په ډاگه کړې چې: دا ماموريت ښايي نظر و د ويتنام جگړې ته اوږد وخت دوام وکوي او د امريکې د متحده ايالتونو په تاريخ کې به تر ټولو اوږد ماموريت وي.

د آلمان فدرالي حکومت د چهارشنبې په ورځ، يعنې په لندن کې د افغانستان په هکله د رواني جنورۍ د مياشتې په 28 نېټه جوړيدونکي کانفرانس نه درې اونۍ مخکې، په افغانستان کې د خپلو دندو په منظور د خپلو ځواکونو او پوځي تجهيزاتو د کچې د پاره ځانگړې طرح يا پلان اعلان کړ. تر اوسه ويل کېدل، چې آلمان به په افغانستان کې د خپلو ځواکونو د پراخه کولو په خاطر د لندن له غونډې وروسته پرېکړه کوي.

هولبروک له آلماني خبريال يوزف يوفه سره په خپله مرکه کې څرگندکړې: سره له دې چې طالبان يوه تيت او پرک بې نظمه ډه دله او ټاکلې موخې هم نه لري، او د هغه زياتره غړي د خپل تندلاري مشر ملا محمد عمر او يا القاعدې ته تاتير او اغېزې لاندې نه راځي، خو داسي شريک ټکي شته، چې د افغانستان دنده يې له ويتنام څخه بدتره او کړکېچنه کړېده.

IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - Jan 8th, 2010, 12:02pm

Dear Shershah,
      I will be forever grateful to these people for their courage, their kindness, their sacrifice and their honor. Marcus Luttrell is alive today because of these people. I know of no other people that would risk so much for any one man and put the whole village on the line for him. They neither asked for or would accept anything in return for what they did and the Village elders son was threatened by the Taliban who said they would kill his family if he did not give up the American....but the Pashtuns never even considered giving him up or going back on their committment I located the general area on google earth but can not find that village. It is a village of about 300 people.
    The Taliban were brutal to the village and some of the children but they also had to be careful not to cross the line and turn all of the villages against them, it is a delicate balance. I do not think they have mail and I am not even sure how to contact them as communication is by word of mouth. Its amazing how fast word travels in those mountains and how far those people can walk in a day. They can  literally jog right up the mountains with the ease of a goat, very remarkable people and quite at home in the mountains. I would love to visit Afghanistan and meet many of the people.
     Shershah, you need to remember....I am not in their lands and I have no control over when the US leaves their lands. I am not the US government and I have no infulance over any of their decisions...so do not personalize it because its not personal. I do not wish any of these people any harm and I respect people that stand behind what they believe and I respect honorable men....no matter what side of the fence they are on. I am not here to bad mouth anyone but I would show my gratitude and respect for those people if there is any way I can. they are honorable men.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Shershah
Executive Member

Reply #9 - Jan 8th, 2010, 12:35pm

Another Good Admition  

With al-Qaeda in Yemen, why are we in Afghanistan?By JOEL BRINKLEY - McClatchy-Tribune News Service   E-Mail  
 Print  
Text Size:     tool nameclose tool goes here Al-Qaeda in Yemen has grown so strong and adept that the United States, Britain, France, Germany and Japan were forced to close their embassies in Sanaa, Yemen, this week - so seriously are they taking al-Qaeda's "live and active threat," as John Brennan, the White House counter-terrorism adviser, put it. "They've grown in strength."

Ten days earlier, it was able to send a man to the United States on a mission to blow up an airplane. He almost succeeded. What does all of that say? It says to me: Why on Earth is the U.S. sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan?

Speaking to cadets at West Point last month, Obama said: "I am convinced that our security is at stake in Afghanistan and Pakistan. This is the epicenter of the violent extremism practiced by al-Qaeda. It is from here that we were attacked on 9/11, and it is from here that new attacks are being plotted as I speak."  

Actually, as he spoke, al-Qaeda in Yemen was plotting that airliner attack. It failed, but set off weeks of familiar recrimination and confession. At the very same time, fatalities in Afghanistan were mounting and set a record for the entire period of the West's engagement there, since October 2001. Seven Central Intelligence Agency officers were killed last week. One-third of all Americans killed in Afghanistan died during 2009. The number of British fatalities doubled.

Taliban fighters killed those soldiers. The United States and NATO are fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan, not al-Qaeda, which now has only a negligible presence - fewer than 100 men, the U.S. says.

"Al-Qaeda is a worldwide organization with an apocalyptic vision to establish an Islamic caliphate throughout the world," he told the New York Post. "The Taliban's views are very local. They are not in cahoots. They have separate goals."

So what exactly are we fighting for - particularly since we now know that al-Qaeda has several other safe havens from which is it able to carry out deadly attacks. Pakistan, Somalia, Indonesia - and Yemen. Don't forget: Al-Qaeda in Yemen attacked the USS Cole off the southern city of Aden 10 years ago, killing 17 U.S. servicemen.

"The attack on the USS Cole should have been the loudest wake-up call against al-Qaeda," Abdul Karim al-Iriyani, a former prime minister of Yemen, remarked last week.

Of course, Pakistan also remains an important headquarters. Last fall, FBI agents in New York arrested Najibullah Zazi and his father on charges of planning a terror attack in the United States using sophisticated homemade bombs. The two received extensive instruction in bomb making and terrorist strategies from al-Qaeda - at a training camp in Pakistan.

Hoh, the former American diplomat, noted that a terrorist operative can plan an attack from almost anywhere. All he needs is an Internet connection, as was the case for the logistician behind the Sept. 11 attacks. He planned everything from a small apartment in Hamburg, Germany.

Still, Yemen offers a congenial location for a terrorist headquarters. Its people live in abject poverty; the average annual income is $870. Only 59 percent of the adult population can read and write. Only one person of every 100 uses the Internet. All of that presents fertile ground for al-Qaeda recruiters so that, now, Yemen has far more al-Qaeda operatives than Afghanistan, the White House says.

So, besides incurring ever-more casualties, what's the U.S. doing in Afghanistan?

IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - Jan 8th, 2010, 1:50pm

Dear Shershah, I do not think we should be in Afghanistan and I have stated that many times. I realize that AlQaeda is a global organization and they will be pursued where they can be but they will never be elminated. The US needs to learn to block them but a world wide war would be stupidity and not the way to combat them. Because the US does not seem to understand how to "win" in Afghanistan because they do not understand the tribes at the basic level and thats what you have to win over....and I think they respect their code...and the people that respect their code and their way of life will make progress with them, but first we must understand their system and their code. We can not install our system on a people that have their own system that has been in place for a long long time and it has worked for them. Our system of government may only lead to destabilize the country. They are honerable men and how can they have any respect for a central government that is corrupt? I myself would trust the village elders long before I would trust the government. They have a code of honor and a code to solve their problems. We fail to understand their way of thinking and its a big mistake to impose our system of government on a people that do not need or want our system of government. Central government does not work out in the mountains because they are not connected to that world and their world is a much smaller territory. I can understand why their system is better for them, I do not think our government understands this. I do not think the government of Afghanistan understands this either. I do not know how the Taliban rule affected these tribal communities out in the hills ....but I bet they had little or no control over them. These people seem to be fiercly independent and not likely to submit to being controlled by anyone.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Shershah
Executive Member

Reply #11 - Jan 8th, 2010, 11:12pm

Quote from jh on Jan 8th, 2010, 1:50pm:
Dear Shershah, I do not think we should be in Afghanistan and I have stated that many times. I realize that AlQaeda is a global organization and they will be pursued where they can be but they will never be elminated. The US needs to learn to block them but a world wide war would be stupidity and not the way to combat them. Because the US does not seem to understand how to "win" in Afghanistan because they do not understand the tribes at the basic level and thats what you have to win over....and I think they respect their code...and the people that respect their code and their way of life will make progress with them, but first we must understand their system and their code. We can not install our system on a people that have their own system that has been in place for a long long time and it has worked for them. Our system of government may only lead to destabilize the country. They are honerable men and how can they have any respect for a central government that is corrupt? I myself would trust the village elders long before I would trust the government. They have a code of honor and a code to solve their problems. We fail to understand their way of thinking and its a big mistake to impose our system of government on a people that do not need or want our system of government. Central government does not work out in the mountains because they are not connected to that world and their world is a much smaller territory. I can understand why their system is better for them, I do not think our government understands this. I do not think the government of Afghanistan understands this either. I do not know how the Taliban rule affected these tribal communities out in the hills ....but I bet they had little or no control over them. These people seem to be fiercly independent and not likely to submit to being controlled by anyone.

Good Admition again.

I hope you find time to read the code of conduct of Pashtuns.  

IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - Jan 9th, 2010, 3:40am

Dear Shershah, I have been reading it and it is very interesting and it works for them, thats what counts. Its a good way of dealing with their problems and it has worked for them for a long, long time, so why change something that has worked for them this long? Because Afghanistan does not have a modern communication system, central government is out of touch with their people and no wonder the people do not identify with the government....its in another world for them and can not deal with their immediate problems. The US government and the present government need to understand that. Local government works better for them and I think if they are treated with respect, you will get respect back...thats very important...to respect their way of life but that gets lost on governments sometimes as they try to "impose their will" and no free men like anything imposed on them. I think local government that they have works fine for them....and if I lived in the village, I would see no reason to change what has worked for eons.

Email WWW   IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - Jan 10th, 2010, 1:04am

This is a tribute to men that fight for freedom, I would apply this to all men that fight for their brand of freedom, no matter where you stand on each side of the line, the men that fight for us (friend or foe) deserve some respect .

http://www.andiesisle.com/If-I-Die-Before-You-Wake.html

Email WWW   IP Logged
Shershah
Executive Member

Reply #14 - Jan 10th, 2010, 2:57am

Quote from jh on Jan 10th, 2010, 1:04am:
This is a tribute to men that fight for freedom, I would apply this to all men that fight for their brand of freedom, no matter where you stand on each side of the line, the men that fight for us (friend or foe) deserve some respect .

http://www.andiesisle.com/If-I-Die-Before-You-Wake.html

Nice music -- Nice words  

Is it country music ?  

I love country music.

but this one I didn't understand:

But that don't stop me from believing
There's just some things worth fighting for.

What is this some thing in AFG ?  

IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #15 - Jan 10th, 2010, 9:03am

Dear Shershah,
      The only thing worth dying for is your freedom, its the one thing most men will agree on...even if see through different eyes.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Shershah
Executive Member

Reply #16 - Jan 10th, 2010, 9:06am

Quote from jh on Jan 10th, 2010, 9:03am:
Dear Shershah,
The only thing worth dying for is your freedom, its the one thing most men will agree on...even if see through different eyes.

Do they die for our Freedom ?  Grin Grin

YOu are a  Funny man kiss

IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - Jan 10th, 2010, 1:33pm

Dear Shershah,
      Oue soldiers fight and die to keep our country free. I know you do not see it this way....but US soldiers do not fight to enslave Afghans or take over your country and most of them hope that Afghans
can live in freedom .....free from the brutal rule of the Taliban. I am sure you see that differently and in many ways I can understand why many Afghans feel that way also, We are not your enemy.
     What do you think of the way the Taliban have treated the people of Afghanistan? Do you think its right that they are brutal in their rule? Just be honest with your reply....could you allow your mother to be beat if her ankle was showing? And yes, we are not there to fight for your freedom, we are there to deny a base to Alqaeda, but I care about the freedom of all people because I value my own freedom. I even care about your freedom...even though you do not believe that. Do you think the Taliban follow Pashtunwali code?

Email WWW   IP Logged
Niazi
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - Jan 11th, 2010, 1:40am

Quote from jh on Jan 8th, 2010, 11:01am:
Dear Shaakh,

You zionist can sweat but will not ger results accordingly..

IP Logged
jh
Executive Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - Jan 11th, 2010, 5:15am

Dear Naizi, I do not think I am a zionist (what is your defination?) and I dont sweat the things I can not control. Some things are in Gods hands. I hope you have a long peaceful live living in freedom no matter where you are. I hope your children and your family are safe and I hope peace comes to Afghanistan and I hope they live as free men and women. I hope the Taliban can see the error of their ways and change the way they treat the Afghan people and learn to  live and let live. I hope the Taliban can learn to follow the Pashtunwali Code....all of it and not just when its convienient for them. You either follow your code (and I see nothiong wrong with that code) or people that do not...are hiprocrites, I do not know what code or rules the Taliban follow, but its not the Pashtunwali code....not as I have seen it written. Executing innocent people is a crime and they have done that many times.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print