At least 15 people were killed Tuesday in an attack on a government building in Jalalabad, a city in the East of the Afghanistan where a school of midwives had also been targeted last weekend.
The three attackers were all killed, said the authorities.
Isn’t that after five hours of intense fighting the security forces resumed control of the premises of the Department of refugees and returnees in which were present an unknown number of employees and visitors, said Attaullah Khogyani, the a spokesman for the Governor of Nangarhar province.
He added that 15 people had been killed and 15 others injured in the attack which began around 11:00 (2 h 30 in Quebec) and has not been claimed.
Some of the dead were “burned up to be unrecognizable”, has him stressed the Director of the provincial administration of public health, Najibullah Kamawal.
“I saw a [Toyota] Corolla black drop three armed men at the door of the Department.” One of them blew himself up immediately, and the other two entered the building,”said a witness, Omaid.
According to Attaullah Khogyani, a second assailant was quickly killed by the security forces, who subsequently shot the third.
In Kabul, the spokesman of the Ministry of refugees and the returnees Hafiz Ahmad Miakhail has for its part announced that “Unfortunately, according to our first information, there are casualties among our employees’.
“I call him, he does not. I’m worried, he’s an old man,”he told AFP.